why does whole page refresh in the live version???

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 30, 2006 at 6:10 PM
i'm curious to know as to why is it that on my local version, only the content placeholder refreshes, whereas the live verion on the web refreshes the whole page.

Can anyone please enlighten me?
Coordinator
Dec 28, 2006 at 10:07 AM
The site is not using AJAX, so it's always the whole page that refreshes. You probably don't notice it when you run the site locally because it's too fast, but it happens...
Jan 18, 2007 at 3:39 PM
I’m very impressed with this feature rich starter kit, however the loading of pages takes too long. Even running locally on my box the page loading takes too long.
Mar 19, 2007 at 7:26 PM

segiles wrote:
I’m very impressed with this feature rich starter kit, however the loading of pages takes too long. Even running locally on my box the page loading takes too long.

I've noticed the slowness as well. I suspect it has something to do with the caching configuration, but haven't investigated yet. Overall, I think the architecture is excellent. I've been going through bits and pieces of the book (highly recommended, btw), and there is a lot of thought given to performance and scalability. Since I code in ASP.NET for fun on the side, the book is a great primer.

I use GoDaddy to host my implementation of the site. Since GoDaddy doesn't support SQL Server 2005 yet, I've started converting some of the sprocs and code that use row_number to work in SQL Server 2000. I got it working for the forums last night. If I can figure out how to speed the page loads up (and hopefully I'm not making things worse with a bad SQL conversion), I'll post the changes here.
Mar 20, 2007 at 1:45 AM
All,

I did more more testing on my implementation of the site. Using a different computer at home, the pages load really quickly. I think the performance issue I noted was due to where I was connecting from previously (through a corporate firewall). I'll do some more work on converting sprocs to SQL Server 2000, and when I have those I'll post a link to them in a new thread.