Checkout Error: The transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 12, 2008 at 5:46 PM
I have TBH running great on my own server. I'm deploying it to a production server hosted with GoDaddy. Everything works fine except when I got to check out. The last step of the checkout wizard is supposed to redirect to PayPal, but I get this error:

The transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D024)

It works fine on my server, but returns an error on GoDaddy's. Any ideas?
Mar 12, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Talked to GoDaddy support and they said they will not enable the Distribute Transaction Coordinator service on their SQL servers so I've got to switch hosts. :(
Jul 3, 2008 at 5:19 AM
Really, that stinks.  I just got my site working on godaddy, but i have not turned on the ecommerce portion yet.  What vender did you end up going with????  By the way, I am not able to get any mail sent out.  For example, I am unable to "send a newsletter".  Did you get that funcationality working?
Jul 3, 2008 at 12:31 PM
I ended up hosting it on my own server in house.
Jul 16, 2008 at 4:42 PM
There is a way to get thebeerhouse to work with Paypal, I've emailed a guy that has his site up and running using thebeerhouse. Hopefully the nerd will share.
Houstonman89@yahoo.com