upgrade to .net 4 entity framework (.edmx) instead of .dbml

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 10, 2011 at 5:05 PM

The MVC code is very useful and I'm working to convert to MVC 3 and Entity Framework.  Has this already been done and does the example code exist?

Developer
Dec 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM

This doesn't exist that I know of. I'm about 1/2 way finished with a port to use EF Code First. I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with!

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM

I am working on it myself - converting to razor views as well.  I'm using the MVC3 Music Store Example and a few other very simple sites I found online.  I started with TBH database and used EF4 to generate my models.

Good luck to you on your project.  I can post back when mine is online.

Developer
Dec 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Awesome! Have you checked out the TheBeerHouse_MVC3 branch in the source code tree?

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Yes - But it is still using .aspx forms and master pages for the views instead of Razor with the layouts. And it is still using the .dbml - Linq to Sql. instead of Linq to Entity EF4.

Developer
Dec 16, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Hey, I just checked in my conversion from L2S to EF Code First in the TheBeerHouse_MVC3 branch. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Pete

Apr 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Hi,
I saw beerhouse MVC 3 at http://thebeerhouse.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/99885#1881439
But, I could not run it on my laptop. I can see a few folders like- .nuget,TheBeerHouse.Setup and so on.
Can anyone tell me how I can get this project working?
Thanks