Build failed due to validation errors in TheBeerHouse\Models\TheBeerHouse.dbml

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I just have downlaoded the Beerhouse and i found one error in site while building the project.

Build failed due to validation errors in TheBeerHouse\Models\TheBeerHouse.dbml

I am, a newbie to ajax.. can you please help

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--></input><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM

the DBML file has nothing to do with AJAX.  It is the LINQ file.  Also as far as I know the LINQ file is fully working.  Please download again and try building again.

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Hi

i am facing the same problem and did not know what to do. please help me out.

Regards

Shuja

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:29 AM

Hi, I am also getting the same error .... Error 1 Build failed due to validation errors in \TheBeerHouse_MVC\TheBeerHouse_MVC\TheBeerHouse\Models\TheBeerHouse.dbml.  Open the file and resolve the issues in the Error List, then try rebuilding the project. D:\Experiments\TheBeerHouse_MVC\TheBeerHouse_MVC\TheBeerHouse\Models\TheBeerHouse.dbml 1

any help is appreciated ...

Jun 27, 2009 at 8:19 PM

I have got the same problem.  I suspect it is because I have VS2005 not VS2008 or VS2008 Express.  The connection string obviously does not work for VS2005 as supplied, and you cannot attach the database to VS2005 because it is the wrong version!  

So it seems there is no choice but to download VS2008 Express or upgrade to full VS2008.

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Minimum requirements for this application is SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2008 (Any Edition). If you are trying to use anything else you are going to have issues, sorry.

Sep 28, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Hi!

Sorry, but I was deeply embarrassed with your answers. I have encountered the same trouble and I found this error Error 1 DBML1005: Mapping between DbType 'Date NOT NULL' and Type 'System.DateTime' in Column 'DateAdded' of Type 'LogInfo' is not supported. after I run custom tool for DBML file. So the solution is to replace Server Data Type from 'Date NOT NULL' to 'DateTime NOT NULL'

I have posted result of my investigation here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/linqtosql/thread/fde93912-bbe3-42f3-a4f5-d5ae55ac5148?prof=required&wa=wsignin1.0

Regards,

Borys L.