This project is read-only.

Mods For TheBeerHouse

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 4, 2007 at 1:32 AM
Where can I get modules for the beerhouse?
I am looking this:
1. Private messages for the forum.
2. Changing the Forum to a Tree-View forum.
3. Improve forum and adding features.

BTW, BeerHouse has a blog in it? where is it cause I cannot find it.
Thanks.
Feb 5, 2007 at 4:39 PM
I personally don't plan to work on those features in the near future...However, if someone develops them (or any other extension) I'd be more than happy to post them on this CodePlex space!

As for the blog, there isn't a proper blog, but you can create a "Blog" article category, and then get the RSS feed for that specific category. Of course this won't support the Blog API, trackbacks etc., but you'll be able to write your posts, have people post comments, and register to the feed.
Mar 2, 2007 at 4:34 PM
I agree, it would be nice to have PMing and a more classical treeview, prehaps as a skin so people can choose the view they wish. I also have been wondering about trying to port the livejournal engine to work so that users can opt within there profile to create a blog, I just need to get my head round perl.net

Other things I thought that the forum needs is: Sticky threads, and a decent search engine which is a massive part of the site, because articles get burried all to easily. Luckly Google's AJAX Search API does the job nicely

Martin
Jun 7, 2007 at 11:39 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2007 at 11:45 PM
I was working on the above features.
Split the site to a categories, where each category contains its own forums, polls, and articles.
also, changing forum to threaded view.

If marco thinks it could be integrated to web site, I will be glad to display code.
There is still lots of work to improve the code I was added, so...

Any way, guys, let me know if this can help.
Here is a demo link:

http://g-zone.sytes.net/tbh_web

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:53 PM
I'd be happy to see the add-ons here.
I tried to connect to your site, but it seems to be down ?

on the p2P forum from wrox, there is a nice add on available for the forum. Look for forum extensions

grtz
koen
Aug 19, 2007 at 8:46 PM
Hi there!
I have made a simple blog ingine with categories & comments available on the basis of the TBH code. It works fine. I can send these new pages & their code-files to anyone interested in this additional features as it was mentioned before. E-mail to krainov@prph.ru.