This project is read-only.

The underlying provider failed on Open.

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Oct 11, 2009 at 5:35 AM

Hello,

after going through 10 errors I am now at this one 'The underlying provider failed on Open.' it is on the SiteMapRepository.cs page at line 137 i cannot seem to resolve this please help.

Oct 11, 2009 at 5:49 AM
XDEV01 wrote:

Hello,

after going through 10 errors I am now at this one 'The underlying provider failed on Open.' it is on the SiteMapRepository.cs page at line 137 i cannot seem to resolve this please help.

oops my bad I forgot that i had to reinstall all instance and didnt add the user sorry

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I have the same problem, just tell me how can you fix this error?

Thanks in adv.

Oct 18, 2009 at 12:54 AM

I am wondering if you may not have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed. The custom SiteMap provider in the 3.5 version is built around entity framework which would rely on a data provider. The other thought is maybe you do not have reference in your web.config done correctly for the site map provider.

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Hi:

I have the same error, please help me. This is my reference in the web.config file. is ok?

<siteMap defaultProvider="TBHSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">
<providers>
<add name="TBHSiteMapProvider" type="TBHSiteMapProvider" securityTrimmingEnabled="true"/>
</providers>
</siteMap>

<siteMap defaultProvider="TBHSiteMapProvider" enabled="true">

<providers>

<add name="TBHSiteMapProvider" type="TBHSiteMapProvider" securityTrimmingEnabled="true"/>

</providers>

</siteMap>

I have installed .net 3.5sp1. the  error comes in the next function:

public SiteMapInfo GetSiteMapInfoByURL(string URL)

{

SiteMapInfo lsmi = (from lSiteMapNode in SiteMapctx.SiteMapInfos

where lSiteMapNode.URL == URL

select lSiteMapNode).FirstOrDefault();

return lsmi;

}

I have to say something more, every time i open the project hay have to stablish the conecction to the db ASPNETDB

to SQL 2008.

if not i cant see the db in the design. and the next error apear :

you cant open the db in the 655 version. this server is compatible with the 612 version.

in the web.config i have the next conecction string

<connectionStrings>

<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>

<add name="TheBeerHouseEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=.;Initial Catalog=TheBeerHouseVB;Integrated Security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient"/>

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEX08;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

</connectionStrings>

and  i dont have problems to see the asp.net configuration.

please help to fix the error in order to see the site running

thank you