Installation Problems

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 6, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Can anyone give me clear instructions on how to get TheBeerHouse installed on a local computer? I have been working on it for two days straight, and am really no further that when I started. It can't be this hard. I bought the book and have found it to be no help because it is so outdated. What am I missing here? What are the installation steps A-Z? I would be greatly indebted to anyone who could help with this.

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Well, you have to:

install SQL Server 2008

install VWD 2008 (Express or other)

Unzip files of the site you downloaded from thi site

restore in the SQL Server 2008 the database you downloaded

Change the authentication and server address on the web.config file to point to your database in the connection string section.

run your site from visual web developer.

Bye

Davide

May 6, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Edited May 6, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I am having similar issues.. Unable to get passed the DB Connection/Login?

I have loaded the DB into the App_Data folder... when I try to run the app all I get is a DB error with the login... it then refers to my login name??? I never get to see an pages it is looking for a login before loading the Default page... how can I stop this from happening and let the page load then let me put in a UID & PWD?

Thanks in advance...

Phill

Opps here is the line I modified from the web.config

<

add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=~/App_Data/ASPNETDB.MDF;Initial Catalog=TheBeerHouseVB;Integrated Security=True;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"

/>

</

connectionStrings

>