MVC profile storage

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Hi,

I have noticed that the profile does not have a provider defined. If I add an AspNetSqlProfileProvider the properties are saved in the aspnet_profile table. My question is where are the properties saved when there is no provider defined. Thanks.

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2010 at 5:36 PM

There should be provider defined already and that should be right inside the beerhouse db. If you do not define one than you will not be able to use security or profile.

Aug 6, 2010 at 6:09 PM
For future searchers. As of 8/6/2010 the MVC version download does not define a provider for the profile section in web.config. To get the profile to work I add to change the profile section to look like the following: (sorry for the formatting) <profile enabled="true"> <properties> <add name="Subscription" type="String" /> <add name="Language" type="String" /> <add name="ShoppingCart" type="TheBeerHouse.Models.ShoppingCart" serializeAs="Binary" allowAnonymous="true" /> <group name="PersonalInformation"> <add name="FirstName" type="String" /> <add name="LastName" type="String" /> <add name="Gender" type="String" /> <add name="BirthDate" type="DateTime" /> <add name="Occupation" type="String" /> <add name="Website" type="String" /> </group> <group name="ContactInformation"> <add name="Street" type="String" /> <add name="City" type="String" /> <add name="State" type="String" /> <add name="ZipCode" type="String" /> <add name="Country" type="String" /> </group> </properties> <providers> <clear/> <add name="AspNetSqlProfileProvider" connectionStringName="TheBeerHouseConnectionString" applicationName="TheBeerHouse" type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/> </providers> </profile>