The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Hi, I am trying to install the beer house but I am having problems with the database and the connection string. This are the connection stringas I have:

add name="TheBeerHouseEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string="Data Source=.;Initial Catalog=TheBeerHouseVB;Integrated Security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True"" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient"

add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=ALEX-PC\MSSQLSERVER2008;Initial Catalog=TheBeerHouseVB;Integrated Security=True;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"

When I try to open the site I get the following error:

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion', database 'TheBeerHouseVB', schema 'dbo'.

Any ideas??

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM

You need to create asp_xxx  membership tables by using aspnet_regsql.exe on windows\mircrosoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727. If they already exist then right click the web site project and go to asp.net configuration and select the right membership provider make sure your connection string has the localsqlserver is pointing to the right database and authentication is is correct