uploading the database to GoDaddy.com

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 4, 2007 at 4:39 PM
Hi, I plan to use GoDaddy to host my site and am trying out TheBeerHouse StarterKit. Everything works fine on my test environment. However, I am having hard time with GoDaddy's SQL hosting.

I wonder if anyone could suggest the best way(s) to upload the sql databases to GoDaddy. Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
T.
May 22, 2007 at 9:33 PM

tc1970 wrote:
Hi, I plan to use GoDaddy to host my site and am trying out TheBeerHouse StarterKit. Everything works fine on my test environment. However, I am having hard time with GoDaddy's SQL hosting.

I wonder if anyone could suggest the best way(s) to upload the sql databases to GoDaddy. Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
T.

GoDaddy now support SQL 2005 databases. All you need to do is create a new SQL 2005 database and then run the .sql to create the database objects.

I implemented the site using SQL 2000, so I am hoping GoDaddy will migrate my SQL 2000 DB to SQL 2005 at some point.
Jun 12, 2007 at 12:26 AM
I am going to need to implement the site on SQL 2000, where can I get the changes needed to make it run in that environment?

Thanks

Tom